· Strong skills in system analysis and business intelligence.
· 15+ years experience in design and implementation of software components.
· Hands-on experience in Object-Oriented design using UML, multi-tier design, and software development life-cycle.
· Advanced experience in multi-threading and asynchronous programming, network and distributed applications programming, sophisticated algorithms implementation.
· Proven ability to manage multiple critical tasks and work under time pressure to meet deadlines.
· Extensive expertise working with high-volume, mission-critical application databases.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
· RDBMS: MySQL, MS SQL Server / T-SQL
· OS: MS Windows, Linux
· Tools: MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, IIS, Apache, StarUML, NUnit, NAnt
· Technologies: .NET, HTML/CSS, Web Services, Network Protocols, XML/XSLT, COM, UML, ER Diagrams, Design Patterns, Unit Testing
· Software development methodologies: Scrum, Agile
031/2009 – Present FEI Company, Hillsboro, OR Sr Software Engineer
Role: Sr. Software Developer, Technical Writer
· Designed flexible sample-specific stage movement safety system with safe sectors description in XML.
· Implemented 20+ software enhancements and error fixes
1/2008 – 03/2009 Software Technology Group, Beaverton, OR Sr Software Architect
Role: Sr. Software Architect, Sr. Software Developer, Technical Writer
· Designed new architecture for user page controls for FEI electron microscopes, implemented base classes, documentation and examples, converted existing page controls.
· Prepared software development guidelines for error handling and memory leaks prevention for FEI electron microscope development group.
· Conducted training session on memory leaks detection, diagnostics and analysis for FEI software engineers, prepared memory leaks detection and analysis SDK.
· Implemented 100+ software enhancements and error fixes for FEI Company.
08/2007 – 12/2008 PuzzleFit Solutions LLC, Newberg, OR Co-Founder
Role: Software Architect, Database Architect, Software Developer
· Implemented TalkRealEstateLocal real estate online talk show system
· Built and integrated on-line e-commerce solution for LWOil.com
· Implemented on-line show system for pmadental.com and lwoil.com “Pipeline”
· Implemented client-side transaction-driven certificates printing application and web-based certificates tracking for ClickMyTicket (group of 10 Texas Driving Schools) with data retrieved from remote server in XML.
01/2007 – 08/2007 Overtrace LLC, Beaverton, OR Founder
Role: Software Architect, Database Architect, Software Developer
· Implemented and integrated on-line e-commerce solutions for EnrichingGiftsOnline.com and q2gel.com
· Built client-side printing applications for printing TheWealthKeys seminar Tickets.
· Designed and Implemented custom client management systems, schedule-based and event-based e-mailing systems, integration with third-party web-based data providers.
· Built multiple database-driven and static web projects like panamanianhomes.com, pmadental.com, daniellekrause.com, rapidprotocasting.com
01/2006 – 12/2006 urbanVue Properties, Portland, OR VP of Technology
Role: Software Architect, Database Architect, Software Developer, Project Manager
· Designed and managed real estate data mining and transaction tracking system integrated with RMLS and other real estate data and digital maps providers. Implemented Client-side software for real estate investment properties search and feasibility study automation. (http://www.urbanvue.com; http://www.buildreal.com).
· Designed and implemented loan tracking solution for partner mortgage company (http://www.loamerica.com/)
· Responsible for strategic planning, risks management, technical requirements analysis, application design, and writing technical specifications.
· Perform technical design and manage implementation of satellite software systems.
09/2004 – 12/2005 The Mortgage Funding Group, Portland, OR VP of Technology
Role: Software Architect and Engineer, Project Manager
· Designed and managed complex loan processing and tracking system. The system manages all loan, customer, prospect, agent, and financial institution information. The application automatically sends emails based on more than 130 different templates and monitors loan officers and marketing unit performance
· Supervised software development, quality assurance, and system administration teams involved in software development process.
· Collected and analyzed business requirements and needs by meeting with non-technical users.
· Converted business use-case scenarios to technical software development specifications.
07/2003 – 09/2004 Miraplacid, Minsk, Belarus President
Role: Software Architect, Software Developer, Project Manager
· Designed and implemented Miraplacid Form, an application for filling in scanned paper forms on user’s PC and merge forms with data.
· Hired and managed independent contractors to implement some specific parts of Miraplacid Form.
· Re-designed Miraplacid Text Driver (an application that extracts text from any printable document) and Miraplacid Publisher (makes snapshot images of document pages) based on COM model.
· Implemented .NET version of Miraplacid Publisher and Miraplacid Text Driver SDK
· Managed software engineering and quality assurance team.
03/2003 – 07/2003 BPVN Technologies, Brooklyn, NY Senior Software Engineer
· Designed and Implemented online front-end for gourmet grocery store, integrated with store inventory system on ASP.NET/C# and MS SQL Server 2000.
· Data compression and network protocols consulting.
06/2002 – 10/2002 ShopAllAmerica, Inc., Beaverton, OR Senior Software Engineer
· Web development, ASP programming, Database Architecting.
· Designed and implemented 3 new database-driven web projects (ASP / SQL Server 2000).
02/2001 – 06/2002 eyeMotiv, Inc., Beaverton, OR CIO
· Designed, implemented key components of eyeSparx technology, including AMF Image format (U.S. patent 6909804).
· Managed technical aspects of e-commerce and financial portal projects (IIS ASP and MS SQL Server).
04/1999 – 01/2001 RemoteCommunications Inc., Denver, CO Chief Scientific Officer
· Organized and managed a group of off-shore software engineers.
· Designed, developed, deployed, tested and supported a number of Internet solutions (HTML and XML compression server and HTTP proxy, HTML optimizer) and some custom data compression programs.
07/1993 – 04/1999 Software Engineer in multiple companies in Minsk, Belarus
· Designed, created and maintained database applications for business automation for pharmaceutical companies and banking industry, including global automated payment system for Russian Federal Bank.
1988 – 1993 University of Radio Electronics and Computer Science, Minsk, Belarus
Master’s Degree in Computer Science
US Patent 6909804, 7113638 "Image compression usable with animated images" (with Robert M. Caruso)
· Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization, by Andy King, New Riders, 2002 SBN 0-7357-1324-3; Contributing Author (wrote chapters "Compressing the Web" and co-wrote "Optimizing Web Graphics"
· 11 published scientific papers on data compression and encryption.
Available upon request