- 1. SPIHT Image Compression
SPIHT. Image Compression with Set Partitioning in Hierarchical Trees. Welcome to the WWW home page that describes Set Partitioning in Hierarchical Trees...
- 2. FocusWave/SPIHT Image Compression
FocusWave/SPIHT Image Compression Technology. FocusWave/SPIHT is a revolutionary new image compression technology designed to provide the rare combination.
- 3. Block-transform-based
Progressive Transmission Image Coders
- This web site presents an image coding scheme using M-channel linear phase perfect reconstruction filter banks
(LPPRFB) in the progressive image transmission framework first introduced by Shapiro [EZW] and later improved by
Said and Pearlman [SPIHT]. The innovation here is to replace the dyadic wavelet transform in by M-channel
uniform-band LPPRFBs which offer finer frequency spectrum partitioning and higher energy compaction...
- 4. References
- Book Chapters, Journal Papers, Conference Papers
- 5. Amara Graps. "An Introduction to Wavelets" direct link
developed independently in the fields of mathematics, quantum physics, electrical engineering, and seismic
geology. Interchanges between these fields during the last ten years have led to many new wavelet applications
such as image compression, turbulence, human vision, radar, and earthquake prediction. This paper introduces
wavelets to the interested technical person outside of the digital signal processing field. I describe the history of
wavelets beginning with Fourier, compare wavelet transforms with Fourier transforms, state properties and
other special aspects of wavelets, and finish with some interesting applications such as image compression,
musical tones, and de-noising noisy data.
- 6. Transform-based (SPIHT) vs. Transform-free losless image compression comparation
My latest research results.
See also: Wavelet Links